Follow these 6 simple design tips to make sure you’re getting the bathroom that’s right for you.
1. Chose a bathroom that works for you! What will the bathroom be used for? Is it a family bathroom or a bathroom just for you? These are questions you have to ask in order to get a bathroom that is practical and suits your lifestyle.
2. What look are you going for? Are you wanting a modern or classic looking bathroom? What colour scheme will you use? How big is the space? If you have a small space, consider using light colours to create the illusion that the space is bigger.
3. Do your research. It’s important to do your research when choosing a company to undertake your renovation. Try and pick an all-encompassing business that has carpenters, plumbers, interior designers and electricians, rather than hiring them individually. One company that offers this service and specialises in bathroom designs in Melbourne is DNA Bathrooms and Kitchens.
4. Budget. The best way to get the bathroom you want for an affordable price is by distinguishing must-haves from luxury items. Spend money on essentials such as a bath, toilet and storage. Expensive shower heads and bathroom heating are luxuries and you should spend money on these only if you have a budget that will allow for it.
5. Less is more. No matter the size of your bathroom, it’s best to keep the space as clutter free as possible. For a more spacious bathroom layout consider:
– installing a showerhead over your bath to give you more storage space
– mounting mirrors on cabinets to create the illusion of a bigger space
– use a sliding door instead of a normal hinged door to increase the usability and feel of your bathroom.
6. Plan ahead. If you don’t have a second bathroom you may have to consider temporary measures while doing your bathroom renovation. If you are tentative to move out and it’s a small job, consider hiring a port-a- loo. Also, find a builder who provides you with start and finish dates so you can plan ahead.